Do I Know You??

So, I recently found my old box of fabric paints.  I thought I had lost it in our move from S. Florida to Dallas, but I didn't!  Seeing all the paints reminded me that chipboard isn't the only item I can paint!  I got stuck in an inking rut--using ink to change the color on my die cut pieces, but that really limited me, so now I've been painting!  I have these Bazzill strips called Just the Edge and I bought them in a bright yellow ages ago, so obviously, they have been sitting in my stash forever. I used a couple different paint colors and turned them into embellies that perfectly match my pages.

I like the pearlescent paints, but you can mix and match the colors to get the color you want. I just squirt a little of each color I want to use on a scrap piece of paper.















I use the brush to dab the paint on pretty heavily--I like how the thick paint adds texture.  You can dry between colors or mix them on the paper.  I use my heat tool to dry it, but don't get it too close, or you'll make bubbles in the paint.















I used a clear crystal/glitter paint last to give it sparkle, but you can also use sparkly embossing powder, let the paint dry with the powder on it, then use your heat tool to set it.  Here is the difference in the two strips.















And the finished layout I used it on.






































Here's another layout I used this technique on.  I also painted, then stamped (using StazOn ink) the letter stickers (which were so ugly and I got them SO long ago).



















Just remember, you can make your old stuff new again by painting it!  The paints are cheap--you probably even have them laying around like I did-- and the results are pretty cool!

Cindy "Scrappy V"

Comments

Popular Posts