The Creativity is Flowing!

So, I have felt a little...uninspired lately.  You know those days you wake up, excited to hit the scrap room, but never actually get there?  You know how those days can turn into a week or two?  That's what I've been feeling lately.  :(  BUT! There is hope.  The same day I finished my previous "Moving Day" layout, I also started and finished this new "Drive to Dallas" layout.  Yay!  It was a great day, with the creative juices flowing, and it felt so good.  So, here is the new layout I created during this break from card-ville.
We have 4 cats and brought them in cardboard boxes we cut into cages.  The journaling describes our journey from S Florida to Dallas in two cars.  It was my first time using the computer for journaling, and I love how it came out.  I'm not usually a big journaler, but I wanted to remember specific details about the trip.




I created a pocket behind the mustard cardstock for the extra photos.  I laid the photos on the background paper, where I wanted them to sit.  Then, I put adhesive on the background paper to "outline" the photos.  I cut a slit and folded the two little flaps back (with Distress Ink and glitter glue to highlight the pocket), and did not put adhesive on the cardstock where the top of the pocket fell.  When I attached the cardstock on top of the background paper, it automatically made a pocket for the photos.
The splotches are Alcohol Ink dropped from above (love them!).  I drew the rhinestone flourish with pencil, then followed the line with Glossy Accents (do you know how much I love GA???) and glued individual rhinestones to the line.  I used a Sharpie to color them yellow--such a great technique--you can even be a little sloppy cuz the color reflects all around.






Love Love! my new $2 Thickers from Big Lots!  (Guilt free scrap shopping!)  Painted them with green glitter glue (the cheap one from Joann), so they have a nice sparkle.

So, I love love love this layout, and I hope you do too.  Look for new cards to be coming soon and I am hoping to get some mini-albums up on the Etsy Shop.  Thanks for looking!

Cindy "ScrappyV"

Comments

Popular Posts