My Latest Layout

So, I am totally crazy for my cats!  My BF Joe and I have four cats that we incessantly take pictures of and that I scrap.  I had this photo for a while and I knew I wanted to do something special with it.  This is the layout I came up with for Jake, our fluffy little snow bunny with the devilish streak in him!  We adopted him and we named him Jake, but we can't remember what his original name was!  

I knew I wanted to "blur" the background, but being not so PhotoShop savvy, I decided to alcohol ink the background of the photo, which set the colors for the rest of the layout. I also knew I wanted to try Robin Schelin's Water Distressed Edges from Swirlydoos and I think they came out cool!  Thanks!
The flowers are Gabrielle P's Water Distressed Cardstock Blooms and I also did her Faux Polished Stones.  I've been doing a lot of painting on my embellishments lately, and I used those inexpensive fabric paints that come in brights, pearlescents, and glitters to paint the edging embellishment, the title,  and the flower that I hand cut from chipboard.
It was my first foray into this shabby chic style, and I think it came out really nice!  Thank you to Swirlydoos and Gabrielle Pollacco for the inspiration!

Cindy "ScrappyV"


Comments

Popular Posts