Challenge! And interchangeable sentiments...



Playin' along at Card Patterns again this week.  Butterflies again--they are quite popular these days!  But it's another "self-challenge" for me since I don't do a lot of butterflies--but I am liking the cards I've made with them!









I turned the sketch on the side, and placed the sentiment off center.  I used Stickles to make "butterfly trails" (butterfly exhaust? butterfly farts???) to echo the black semi-circles in the sketch.  The center circle is made with Distress Ink (I love it!) and I used Alcohol Ink to turn the the once pink butterflies blue.  I like this technique, because the sparkle of the butterflies still comes through.  The sentiment is attached lightly with foam tape. I rubbed the tape on some fabric (okay, my shirt) so it wouldn't be quite so sticky, and I can change out the sentiment if need be.  So, thanks Card Patterns for another great sketch and chance to play!  Have a great day everyone!

Cindy "ScrappyV"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts