Project Runway Challenge #5...Stranger on the street


Oh boy!  Approach a stranger on the street, make them my muse, then take their clothes?!?!?  Fine when you’re a Project Runway contestant with a camera crew following you….quite a different thing when you’re a weirdo on the street with your own papercrafting blog.  Sooooo, what to do??  I decided, after much deliberation, to make the Runway designs my muse…and not steal anything from anyone!  I have quite a stash and I decided to shop that instead. 

Interestingly enough, I looked through all the designs and was really stricken (struck??) by Jerell’s design:




















I don’t like this look and I felt like he deserved his place in the bottom, but I was drawn to the low slung skirt and I felt like I could do a mix of pattern papers MUCH better, even though I consider myself to be patterned paper challenged, so I guess it really is a challenge for me! Here's what I came up with:



















Hmmmmm.....what do you think???  I like the colors and the mix of the two patterned papers with the bright flowers and ribbon, but I feel like it's missing something.  I keep feeling that I missed the spirit of the original...but I did want to make it sleeker.  So, there it is!  I guess I am still patterned paper challenged, because I really tried to use a lot of them...I got a lot of papers out, but only used a couple.  I guess that's my style!  I understand what the designers mean when they get eliminated and they say they feel like they didn't really get to show what THEY do.  So get it now.....it's difficult to fit your style into these weird challenges.  Until next week....

Cindy ScrappyV

Comments

  1. I can really see where your inspiration has come from. Such a great take on the Runway photo! I love the mix of DP's and those fab flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts