The United Nations of Fashion....

This week's challenge on Project Runway All Stars was so great to convert to a card challenge!  They had to choose from six different flags/countries to draw inspiration for their design.  It seemed difficult for most of the designers...many of them struggled a bit.  But for me, this one was a snap!  On the show, the Seychelles flag got chosen last, but I chose that flag because of the bright rainbow colors:







And here is my interpretation of the flag:


















I would consider my "signature" style to be using these alcohol inks.  I really like to do these abstract kind of backgrounds as the visual interest on my cards.  I used the red in the background and the heart over the sentiment, and the white is the embossed sentiment.  I also did a card for my niece's Bat Mitzvah using these same colors.....
It's almost identical to my last card, but no rhinestone flourishes.  I am going to make the little box and the whole shebang to send it in also.  I like this because the white is a little more prevalent than the "smitten" card.  But I like that I can send that card through the mail without an entire set-up....just an envelope!

Overall, I'm very pleased with both interpretations of the flag.  Like I said, I think it was easier to channel this inspiration to a card than an outfit.  Can't wait to see what tonight's episode brings!

Cindy ScrappyV

Comments

Popular Posts